HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
NOTICE OF FORMAL REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
COMMITTEE: Appropriations - S/C on Article III
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and challenges in scheduling public
hearings at this time, the House Committee on Appropriations: Subcommittee on Article III is conducting necessary oversight functions through an information gathering process under Section 301.014, Government Code.
This is notice that the committee is seeking information and input from
the public. Submissions received in response to this request will be
transmitted to members of the committee and posted on the House website at https://house.texas.gov/committees/committee/?committee=C012.
· Submissions must be in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF.
· Submissions are requested to be limited to 5 pages in length.
· Please submit a separate document for each topic to which you are responding.
· Submissions must be submitted via e-mail to Appropriations@house.texas.gov and are requested to include “ARTIII” in the first part of the Subject for quick identification.
· Please include the following information in the submission email: submitter name, organization or entity (if applicable and an authorized representative), mailing address, email, and telephone number.
· The deadline for all submissions is Wednesday, September 30.
· Comments received in response to this Request for Information will be publicly posted on TLO, TLIS, and the House website. When submitting comments, please remove any personal identifying information, such as your personal phone number, residence address, or e-mail address.
Interim Charge 1: Monitor the agencies and programs under Article III and oversee the implementation of relevant legislation and riders passed by the 86th Legislature.
Interim Charge 2: Evaluate ongoing costs associated with implementing the provisions of HB 3.
Interim Charge 3: Review formula funding for higher education institutions in Texas. Examine the general efficiency and equity of formula funding for these higher education institutions. Monitor the implementation of mission-specific pilot formulas at the state's health-related institutions.
Interim Charge 4: Examine the state higher education institutions' resources and research into the causes and cures for degenerative and debilitating brain and nervous conditions and the projected costs to the state for the treatment of those conditions.
In the event it becomes feasible to safely conduct a public meeting, the
Committee reserves the right to hold an in-person hearing on these